Certified Dementia Practitioner Qualifications
College Graduate (4 years) with a degree from an Accredited College or University or RN, LPN, LVN
- Must have current license or certification in your health care field
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a geriatric field
GED or High School Diploma
- Must have Current License of certification in your health care field
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a geriatric health related field
Graduate degree from an accredited College or University
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a geriatric health related field
The NCCDP recognizes most accrediting bodies and also recognizes that some state regulations for long term care facilities, adult day care, hospitals and home care agencies do not require certification or license for certain professions.
This option is only for the following professions: Agency Owners, Admissions Directors, Marketing Directors, Activity & Recreation Professionals, Clergy, Volunteer Coordinators, Social Workers, In-Service Directors, and Long Term Care Consultants. Additionally, Home Care assistants and Personal Care Assistants and Nursing Assistants.
Must have 1 year of experience in geriatric health related field.
- Must have completed at minimum, the 7 hour NCCDP Comprehensive Dementia Curriculum taught by an approved NCCDP Certified Instructor
In the case of Home Health Aides, Personal Care Assistants, Executive Directors and Administrators, you must submit proof (a certificate) that you completed the state required course for that profession. If there is no state required seminar, you must submit proof (a letter from your administrator) you completed training by your agency to be proficient at your job.